Sunday, December 28, 2008

No Real Changes

Kadin is still doing ok, no real changes as of this morning. He did not de-sat or Brady like he has been, but I will attribute that to the pressures being raised yesterday. Those really need to come down before he will be moved to the bubble. I am in no hurry even tho the vent is not good for him but the Dr. wants him off as soon as we can. They tried decreasing a couple of his settings yesterday but he wasn't ready.
I was able to hold him last night for about an hour. He is being fed on the 8, 11, 2, and 5 schedule so if I want to hold him I have to be there an hour before his feed (or just as his last feed is ending!) in order to hold him. He gets his feed over a 2 hour period because so much fluid in his body at once was giving him problems. This leaves just one hour for him to digest the food which is the hour that I hold him. Everything is so time sensitive!!! lol But he did well thru the hold and only had a couple of times he showed some distress. Just getting to hold him for an hour does wonders for me. I love looking at his precious little face, watching his every expression, feeling him nustle up into my arm and squirm all around. It puts me on a high that I won't forget - he is addicting!
He weighs 3 pounds and 11.3 ounces. Yep, he is just shy of 4 pounds already, but like the Dr. has told me ... it doesn't matter how well he gains weight if his lungs are not going to function! MMmmm...true. I pray his lungs continue to grow and mature in the manner that they need to so he can get off that stinkin vent!
I can remember reading other mommy's blogs about their journey with their preemies and reading how their baby was about to hit the 3 pound mark and thinking to myself "My gosh, it will be forever before we are there!" But you know what ... it wasn't. Time has flown by it seems in some aspects and look now, he is almost 4 pounds! He seems to gain anywhere from 2-3 ounces every day, which is very good.
Other than all that ... nothing new. Kirsten is coming thru FW today and bringing us some preemie clothes !!! I am so excited to see her and get the clothes for Kadin! She will be here around 3, I guess. Maybe I will have a picture from the visit!

1 comment:

kirstenpetree said...

I am glad you liked all the clothes! I am ready to see him in them!