Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Disappointed

So ... today was one of those days.

I walked into NICU and found my son back in an isolette! What? Oh man ... *sigh* ... ok.

He had a bad night. He had the Brady yesterday while Robbi and I were there. I wrote about that. Well, apparently, he had 3 more in the night and had to be bagged at least one more time. Crap!

They were beginning to think the reason that he was doing this is because he was not being able to keep his body temperature up by himself. It takes some getting used to being out of his little cave because once he is exposed, he gets all the noises of the nurses, Dr.'s, monitors, parents, etc.... And he just wasn't able to handle it.

The nurse told us that he has been his fiesty self again since he is back in his familiar bed. He got his bath tonight ... at least he was strong enough for that, and I'm glad! They had him dressed in the cutest little onesie outfit ... footballs all over it!

The Dr. called me first thing this morning to let me know that Kadin had to have some blood this morning. They went up on his vent rate and a pressure or two, but other than that things are ok. He had too much gas in his tummy and will do another test on Thursday to check that out. I just hope none of this is leading to any type of major setback for him.

When Kadin was first born, one of the nurses encouraged us to put Danny's wedding ring on his wrist. It fit his arm like a pinkie finger fits a wedding band. Tonight we thought we would try to put the band on his wrist again, but WOOPS! lol He has grown so much it would not even fit anywhere near going over 3 fingers! yeah, can you believe that ???? So we will have that picture when the camera is full. (disposable) I can't wait to see all the pics on there !!!!

I am exhausted. I am trying to get my sleep pattern back again. Since the kids have been out of school we have stayed up later and later every night. I got really bad and stayed up til 6:30AM the other morning! OMG! I am so paying for it now. JT is coming Thursday and I can't wait! I miss my oldest baby sooooooooo much !!!!

Will try to update more tomorrow ... until then, keep us in your prayers !!!

Leslie

1 comment:

kirstenpetree said...

I will keep praying that none of these issues are causing any major setbacks, I want him home just as bad as you do!!!!!!