Thursday, January 22, 2009

Finally!!!!

Here I sit, in my room, WITH INTERNET! I am so thrilled! The only problem, my wireless keyboard isn't working and it would be scarey to let you see how I am sitting!However, I'm not going to gripe cuz I am online with something other than my phone or the computers that are shared downstairs! It's just more personal to be online in your room if you can be. They fixed it today at about 5:30PM, I was taking a nap and woke up thinking we had internet and BAM! Cool ... way cool.

I am sorta sick. Guess it's just allergies since I don't have a fever or anything but it's annoying and I have not been to see Kadin but only once in the past 3 days now. If I am doing better tomorrow I will be there to see him.

Kadin is doing so wonderful, it's unbelievable. If he continues to do well like this by Monday or Tuesday Dr. McGuirk said she will take him off bubble cpap and put him on nasal canula! I am so excited about that. He is currently at 21% oxygen (room air) and doing fine, no desatting or anything. His breathing treatments have stopped except as needed and he hasn't needed so COOL!He is closing in on six pounds. Hard to believe really that he started out at one pound and six ounces!

My liquid gold has depleted. I am confident that it was taking a toll on my body and my body said "Enough!" The Dr.'s said my body knows best and that I have gone far above and beyond what most mom's are able to do and that he has absolutely gotten what he needs from that milk I provided. So now, with that news, I am looking forward to returning back to "normal" whatever that is, lol ... I intended to work out toay but I woke up not feeling well AT ALL and that was enough to deter me to wait til tomorrow if I am feeling better.

Danny has been out working a lot this week, finally. I am proud of him. What he does is a very hard thing to do and he's doing it for us. He is tired and has odd hours, but I'm ok with that as long as he is.

The Rodeo and Carnival are here and our kids wanna go. We will be taking them as soon as we can. I think it's quite expensive, but we haven't done anything in a very long time so ... we'll be trying that out this weekend maybe.

My Aunt Ro-Ro made me breakfast on Wednesday and I sat and visited with her for a couple of hours. She is crazy, but I just love her. It's like having another piece of "home" here while we are here.

We saw JT today. He flew in from DC last night and was heading home today after his trip to the inauguration. He got us some really really nice souvenirs and I was so proud!!! He didn't have to do that, but he did ... and Cassie too. Those two are wonderful. We had pizza with them and Shonda and JT's great-granny. It was good to visit with all of them.

Seems like so much has happened in the last few days that I haven't been able to post about cuz I had no access to do it. There is always someone wanting on the computers downstairs that I hate to tie it up as much as I can sit here and type.So anyway ... that's kinda it for now. I have not had a chance to read anyone's blogs and don't know that I will either.

I am waiting for visitors (TAMMY!) to make plans to come see us. I think my aunt said my mom might come Saturday? I dunno. She hasn't said anything to me about it. I know she is very busy at home with the shop and Cam while my sis works.

I have another blog to write, but it's not the right time for it. I am tore up inside and tired of feeling the way I do about things.

The kids are in the game room right now with a young kid that we met while here. He was here last time we were here and he is soooo cute. His portrait is hanging on the wall and Robbi first saw it and said "Oooh la-la!" ... Then she saw him here and went goo-goo. Well, I asked him if that was him in the big portrait and he said yes, so I made sure he knew my daughter thought he was sssoooo cute! So tonight what happens? He asks Dakota if he wants to play video games with him and Robbi follows. They are all in the game room playing PS2 now! lol Crazy! But they need friends here too and it's nice to know they can go hang out with other kids here and have some fun.

Ok that's enough for now, I got other things to look up while I have internet, lol ....

Love love love,
Leslie

1 comment:

kirstenpetree said...

Awesome news! I am confident that he will be able to breathe on his own with the nasal canula!! Won't be long now, he just needs to learn how to eat!! YAY KADIN!!!