Saturday, January 10, 2009

What a little trooper we have!

Kadin is doing awesome today. I pray this "honeymoon" phase this time around on the bubble cpap is an indicator that he is going to fly thru this.

He is now on 27% oxygen, which is much better than he was doing on the vent. He is so stable that they have cancelled his xrays and his blood gases for now. THAT is confidence! I have to believe that this is one of the most positive steps forward that we have yet to take and it can only get better from here on out.

His oxygen levels while on the vent were floating anywhere from 34% to 40% just depending on what kind of day he was having. The goal is 21% - room air - and right now we are only 6% from that. I am on a high right now with this news.

I brought Dakota home for the weekend so that he could spend it with his daddy so I have a lot to be doing right now while I am home. I just wanted to get a quick update on here and to give praise to God for all we have been thru with this experience. I truly wouldn't give this up for the world.

2 comments:

kirstenpetree said...

AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

wonderful, God is great