Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quick Update - not much time lately

Just wanted to give a real quick update before we head back to the hospital...

Kadin is doing remarkably well. His Dr. said he was exceeding all expectations at this point. I knew our little man was a fighter. He has been a fighter since day one and with so many people praying for him and us, we can't help but win!

He is now as of today, SIX pounds! I can't believe it. He is growing so much right now. We have been at the hospital a LOT lately because he is taking abou 4-5 bottles a day now and they like for us to be the ones to feed him, of course. He does so well. Amazingly his instinct is unbelievable ... he turns to my breast to feed, but mommy doesn't have any of the liquid gold anymore. After the first time I bottle fed him, I went home and went to bed. I woke up the next morning with a wet shirt! This was after not pumping for several days! But that's all I had and haven't pumped anymore.

I have contacted my mom because she told me she would clean our house from top to bottom for his HOMECOMING ... several nurses and the Dr. said we should start making arrangements to go home ... lining out our pediatrician and other things. I was like ... WHAT??? It's time??? They have said around his due date, possibly sooner, could be later ... just depends on how Kadin does, he's the boss!

I have a lot more to write about but that will be in my other blog on here ... we have been very busy lately and there was no school today for all the ice. Danny said there 366 wrecks in a 12 hours period up here ... wow ... it was coming down GOOD and we didn't dare go anywhere, even the 3 blocks to the hospital!

Alright .... I've gotta take some pics off the camera so we can have some for what we are doing tonight - will write about that later when we get back!

Much love to you all,
Leslie and family

1 comment:

kirstenpetree said...

AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!