Friday, January 23, 2009

Let's Do A CHEER ... K! A! D! I! N! YAY KADIN!

Ok so that seems a little silly but I am serious, I am cheering for that little boy laying in that hospital bed right now. You wanna know why? He is such a big boy now ... He was removed from bubble cpap today and put on the nasal canula and is doing FABULOUS! Dr. Sidebottom came in the unit and listened to him and asked why he wasn't on it yet.. ??? I said I didn't know, but that his Dr. mentioned by about Mon or Tues we would try him on it.

I called just a few minutes ago and he is still doing just awesome! He was on 21% oxygen when they put him on the canula and now he is at 23%. They did say that sometimes they have to be bumped up a little bit.

I pray this is the road we have been waiting to get down. Now we just have to wait it out for him to go down on all his settings now on this ... it's a high flow and I believe there is still another step under this one.

The next thing we will be learning how to do is to nipple feed - YAY! I can't wait to give him a bottle and see his little eyes (which I saw clearly today and they are Daddy's ocean BLUE! OMG, I almost screamed!!!!!!) looking up at me while I give him his bottle. I will get to hold him more often and everything now. It is just so exciting for me to know that when I go in I won't have to just sit and stare at him and wait for his feeding, lol ....

I did cry ... shed a few tears at being so proud of our baby! I can't believe how well he has done. Some people were not so faithful in their believing that he would make it, but I couldn't believe anything but he would make it and do well. He is still on the fence with the eyes ... can't decide whether to do surgery or not. I know he will have the hernia surgery right before he goes home, whenever that will be, but it's a simple one and no big deal really.

So ... that's my good news for the day with our little sweet bundle! I can't wait to go see him tomorrow. My mom is coming and she will not even recognize the little toot !!!!!

I'm outta here for now ... got a headache.

1 comment:

kirstenpetree said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's just awesome! The power of prayer is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!