Friday, January 9, 2009

Infections ... plural.

We talked to the Dr. again today and Kadin has 2 different bacteria growing in his secretions ... one is staph and the other is something that will cause pneumonia. The antibiotics have had a full day to target these infections and he has actually shown immediate improvement both thru the xrays and in his sats ... He did not de-sat one time while I was visiting him this evening. To know Kadin is to know that he doesn't sat routinely high or low, he is all over the place ... weird. But anyway, he looked so good tonight. He was getting his feed and sucking on his tubes ... cute. I tried to give him his paci but it didn't happen. He got mad and clamped his mouth shut! :) Atta boy ... got that stubbornness from his mommy!

I had to sign a consent form for them to insert another PICC line (Per-Q, whatever it's called!) because they had to take his IV in his head out and insert another one on the other side of his head. I understand this is being done (again!) because he is such a difficult stick. Fine by me, I don't like him having to go thru the procedures of having several IV's when ever he needs something like that...

I can't wait to see him tomorrow! I will update as soon as I can.

Night ... or is it morning??

Leslie

1 comment:

kirstenpetree said...

Well I am glad they were able to identify the infections and that he is already doing better!!!

Your right RSV is nothing to mess around with! It's a preemie mother's fear!!! I was so afraid thats what it was and so relieved it wasn't!!!!!

Continuing to pray for Kadin!!!