Monday, January 12, 2009

Proud as PUNCH!

Today was an awesome day at the hospital. I just love Donna ... she let me do all kinds of things with Kadin. I guess it just seems the better he is doing, of course, the more interactive I can be with him. I got there and she immediately asked me if I wanted to hold him today. Of course, I was eager to say YES!!! So I changed his diaper and took his temperature first. He got a little mad at me. But one thing I noticed was when I pulled his legs out of the little outfit he had on, he drew his legs up JUST LIKE A NEWBORN does! If you are a mom (and well, even a dad!) you KNOW what I am talking about! Right??? It was so adorable! More and more, as the days pass by, I get so very excited about having another son. Being able to interact with him makes it so very precious, even tho we are somewhat limited. So I changed his diaper (and he decided to desat to let me know he hates it!) and played quickly with his chunky legs! Then I swaddled him back up and got ready to hold him.

He's on 30% oxygen right now. Not sure why the change upwards, but it's ok, he is doing so wonderful. This time holding him, I did not have to sit and wait for the nurse to hand him over to me. I stood at his big boy bed (yes, he was moved to an open crib again last night!) and picked him up on my own and sat down with him in the rocking chair! YAY ME! and YAY KADIN for being so tolerant of it. Donna taped his tubes to my shirt and I just sat there for the next couple of hours during and after his feeding. He only dropped his sats twice and it was for only about 3 seconds each time. I am so proud of that little boy, I can't even tell you !!!!! His face is a little swollen, as is expected being on the bubble again .... even his little eye lids appear to be turning inside out ... I know, how sad, right? But I'd much rather be worrying about that than about infectious lung secretions! Who's with me ?!?!?!

We had another firefighter outfit waiting on us from Hilarie, Preston, and Colton!!! It is sssooo cute! Hil, if you are reading this (or Preston, too) please know that we LOVE YOU GUYS so very much and THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for the clothes. Danny was so touched when he saw the "Daddy's Hero" one ... It means so much to us that you do the things you do! We are pulling for you guys to go home soon, although I know that means we won't be seeing you like we do now.

I didn't go to the hospital tonight because I have such a horrible headache! It started with me probably sleeping the wrong way the other night and has just gotten worse. I FINALLY broke down and took something, ugh .... which for those of you who really know me know that it is like pulling teeth to get me to take medication! I did it though because nothing else was working....nothing else meaning, trying to cure it with caffeine or rest. Wasn't happening!

So, that's all for today! I am looking forward to my visit with Kadin in the morning . . . More then.

3 comments:

Kimber said...

I'm so happy to hear this!!! Yeah, Kadin!

Hugs!
Nurse Kimber

kirstenpetree said...

wonderful news!!!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful, you guy will be home be for long Kadin well be fine. how awesome God is.Prayers, Kathyrn