Thursday, November 13, 2008

8am

Kadin's surgery was rescheduled for tomorrow morning at 8AM! My husband is driving up tonight to be with me and the baby tomorrow during this. I am so thankful. The NICU at Cook Children's Medical Center is so large, I felt lost in it. They could tell, lol. They were very comforting there and explained EVERYTHING. The nurses also told me just how wonderful and good Kadin looks for being born so early. They mentioned he moves well, he has no bruising, he is formed perfectly, and he seems to be alert when he isn't sleeping. I was so glad to hear this ....

He did not like being moved to another location. Before he was moved, I was talking to him and praying for him and he kept opening his eyes and looking at me. Of course, they tell me the rods and cones in his eyes are not developed, but that baby was looking at momma, I just know it. He doesn't open his eyes for the nurses, they tell me. I was holding his hand and talking to him. Seeing him look at me is amazing. I just can't explain it.

The NICU nurse at Cook's told me they are going to shut down the NICU in the morning for his surgery to be done at his bed. They will wheel all their equipment from the OR into the NICU and perform his surgery right at his incubator. Anesthesia will come administer their stuff and monitor thru surgery, etc .... so I thought that was really neat. Danny and I will meet with the surgeon and the anesthesiologist in the morning, sign some consent forms, and wait in the waiting room.

When they first took him to Cook's, the nurses there gave him a pacifier. Of course, it was a TEENY WEENY paci, and it was ssooooooo cute. My little baby actually sucked on that. They noticed he was sucking on his ventilator tube so they gave him that paci and he loved it. I cried and cried watching him sucking that. I could not believe it. It soothed him. It's probably what he has needed all this time. I just wonder if at the other hospital they will give him one to soothe him there. So far, I haven't seen one there.

So, right now, I am going to grab a much needed nap. I finally ate some food this evening. TWELVE BUCKS WORTH OF FOOD! And I ate every bit of it. I could not believe it. I was hungry. I needed energy, but now I am sleepy and need a nap. It is going to be an early morning for us to be there at 7AM so I need all the rest I can get.

Thanks for your prayers and please continue them. I will update as soon as I can on the surgery and Kadin's condition. The bake sale is tomorrow too and I'm excited about that. I was told our baby made the local newspaper - I can't wait to see that article !!!!! I may try to get it on here somehow .... not sure how.

Have a good night, and bless you all for continuing to come read our updates and pray for our son. We are so very blessed.

Love,
Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. Don't let those nurses fool you, Kadin was looking at you. I prayed all day yesterday for the little guy and I will tell my husband it will be this morning at 8. We both will be at work, but I will set a reminder so we stop to pray for God's hand on the surgeon's shoulder during this procedure. We were reading Luke I last night how John lept in Elizabeth's womb when he heard Mary giving greeting, and I believe baby Kadin may not LEAP, but certainly can recognize and is seeking you out when you are there. I am so glad your husband gets to be there with you for this. Have a blessed day.

Marci said...

Hey girl!
We will be thinking about and praying for you guys this morning! Let us know how it goes when you get a chance... No rush of course, we know it is going to be a very busy/stressful morning, and talking on here will be the LEAST of your concerns... just know we Love you guys and are thinking about you!!