Friday, November 7, 2008

Elation

Only have a minute ... so much to do. Hard to believe, I know.
We visited Kadin again this morning. Partner Dr. Grubbs was there to give us an update. I am so elated right now I never want it to end...
The term he used to describe Kadin's progress is "remarkably well" .... He said he will have ups and downs, but he has done so well for the past 2 days.
Feeding is beginning today. All this pumping has been waiting for this moment. He will get about 2 teaspoons today thru his feeding tube and they will see how he tolerates it and increase or decrease as needed. Very exciting news !!! Even though that is exciting, believe it or not, babies are not "hungry" at this point. He does need it for nutrition and growth.
I just don't really have anything else to update on. The Dr. seemed so positive this morning and maybe even a little surprised at how well Kadin has stabilized.
We took more pictures. They had his bed changed around and it looks so cute. Will do all that later ...
For now, I have to get things in order to go get my children tonight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is just awesome news!!!

Unknown said...

Leslie - your entries brought tears to my eyes. I will definitely keep you and Kadin and your family in my prayers. And to offer another bit of hope - I have a good friend that I work with that had a little girl born at 24 weeks 1 pound 14 ounces and 14 inches long and is a perfectly healthy happy six year old now. You would never guess she started out so little. I always like to think that miracles come in small packages. Don't forget to take care of yourself too! love, Linda goode

Katie said...

My friend Linda Goode shared your blog with me. I'm a mom of a micropreemie born 16 weeks early weighing in at 1 pound 14 ounces and 14 inches long. She was in NICU for 81 days and it was almost 60 before I held her. We lived minute by minute. We never got over excited or upset (well, we didn't in front of the doctors or nurses, but in the private places of our hearts it was a whole different story). Be encouraged mama. Soon you will have that baby in your arms (or at least kangaroo'd on your chest) and for that moment all will be right with the world and that will give you just enough strength and stamina until the next moment you hold him, change him, feed him. Also remember when he exhibits a strong will, that's partly what kept him alive. The rest was God's grace and your love.
You have my thoughts and prayers and if I can be of any future support of help, I hope you'll contact me.
Sincerely,
Katie Woodward
katieatodoc@aim.com

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! We are still praying for Kadin and your family. I am so happy you are blogging, every morning and every evening my husband asks how Kadin is before we start to pray and I was so excited to tell him of your latest update. Blessings to all of you through this weekend.

Jim and Dawn Harris