Thursday, November 6, 2008

Another Fruitful Day

Today has been another good day. When I pumped this morning, I called the NICU and got an update. They told me he was "behaving", lol .... that really there was nothing to update at that time, which was really good news. Anytime there is not really anything to update, that is very good news to us! They said his organs are working well since he finally decided to give them "a little poopie" as she said! He had gotten his antibiotics already, his blood gas was good, and he was resting.
We did get to visit with the Dr. when we went to the unit at about 10AM. He said that he was going to be giving him more blood. They are having to sample his blood and Kadin is small enough that he is not able to reproduce his blood quick enough so his red blood cell count drops. We noticed they had him on a different ventilator. It is a more sophisticated device where they are able to tune it in better and are getting a better response out of Kadin on this machine. His left eye has opened and it is such a precious sight to see him trying to open it even further. Of course, his eyes are not fully developed enough to be open and alert and looking around but he will get there. I was able to take his temperature for the first time this morning. I was terrified .... but I did it. And he did not like it at all. He seemed to calm down when I started talking to him and telling him it would be alright. He was scheduled to have a brain scan today (I think I wrote about that already) and we should have the results of that tomorrow sometime. I will definitely try to get those results on here asap.
We will be going back over in just a little bit. I pray everything has gone well since we visited this morning. I am expecting good news. He is so strong and is moving more and more every day. I am even stronger today, I have teared up a few times, but not all out crying like I was doing. I guess they all knew what they were talking about in saying the first 3 days are the most difficult ... until you finally get a feel for how things are going to go, the terminology that is thrown at you, the ups and downs of the good and bad days, facing the entire situations desperation, etc. It also helps that Danny and I have met some of the other parents of the babies in NICU. Their stories are similar to ours. Their pain is the same as ours. Some of them are far from home, just as we are, so knowing we are not alone is a great comfort.
We have been notified that there are several benefits in the works and I can't even express what this does for my heart. Just to know that others care enough to try to help is such a blessing. People that you never really think will pull thru for you will surprise you. It is amazing and we are so grateful for everything that everyone has done and is continuing to do. I will get all the information posted here if anyone gets it to me. I know there is a bake sale taking place on Friday November 14th, but I don't know where. I know there is an account being opened but I don't know when or anything else about it. I was told today there are a couple of other things in the works and a benefit being organzied in Rankin, even .... WOW! This always happened to and for other people. I know I could never repay what my heart feels about all this ......
I added some pictures to Kadin's album. I hope you all enjoy them. I burst with pride when I see them. I am so proud of the gift God has given to my family ......
Neverending thanks for your thoughts and prayers ... I can't say that enough. I know it is what is getting us thru this.

Love Love Love,
Leslie and Family

PS.... I have an address here at the RMH is anyone wants to write. I enjoy getting mail (cards, letters, etc), so write me !!!

Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth
(My Name) - Room 201
1004 7th Avenue
Fort Worth, TX 76104

No comments: