Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Day Before Thanksgiving

It just doesn't seem like it is this time of year already. I can't believe first of all how quickly the year has gone by, but also how quick the past 3 weeks have flown by. This coming week is going to go just as quickly since I will have my family here. It will go by all too fast, but I know I will enjoy every single minute of it.

I have so many things to be thankful for that I can't possibly list them here, but one of the most important things I am thankful for is the freedom to praise and worship my GOD in heaven for all that he has given to me. I am thankful for the experiences I have had lately because of the strength they have built on the inside of me. I was so worried and scared and upset when all this began and had not half the strength that I have now. I am thankful for a loving and caring husband who does his best to take care of whatever needs to be taken care of ... most of the time he has taken care of it all before I even think about it. He takes excellent care of me and the children and tells me a million times a day how much he loves me. I am very excited that he and the children are on their way here right now. I can not wait to see them !!!!!

My visit with Kadin today was good. I am really liking these good days. His blood gases are very good right now so they have turned his ventilator down AGAIN ... and I looked today on the rate he is breathing over the ventilator and he is now doing half the work. When they put him on the vent he was very tired and just let it do all the work. Now, 2 days later, he is up to half the work and I'm so very proud of him. He is wiggle bug, which again, indicates he is healthy and energetic. They have told me that babies that are sick and don't feel good just do not move. He is opening his eyes a lot more now which means he is having more periods of being awake. He opens them when I talk to him and he wiggles and moves around. I am so excited about getting to hold him tomorrow. The nurse said it will be for about 2 hours if he tolerates it well and to expect him to fall into a very deep sleep since he will be close to my heartbeat again. I am so excited. Danny will be taking some pics for posting so expect those at some point tomorrow if everything goes well.

I went to a support group meeting last night and it was awesome. It's amazing how many people have gone thru the exact same things that we are going thru. I was told today that Kadin will more than likely be seeing one of these Dr.'s for quite some time and that our family should consider a relocation in order to accomodate that. Wow. I'm not sure what to think about that. I guess we will see just how well he develops and progresses before we start thinking about that.

I learned today that it is ok for me to have caffeine about once a day. They are actually giving it to Kadin for brain stimulation and for lung development. So I went right to lunch and had a DP!!! YAY! Liked to have killed me, I am not used to the carbonation now since I have just about gone without them. I am drinking mostly water for milk production.

I am going to get caught up on what my children have in store for when they go back to school and then I will be blogging about that. I know Kota has a program at the bank on December 17th and Robbi is still playing basketball. She has a love interest also, and he's from McCamey. I don't understand these young long-distance loves but ok ... I guess so.

Thanks to all of you who have commented wishing us well on the job issue. Neither of us can believe that anyone can be that insensitive but like most of you have said, it will come back to him and he will remember the time he did not show any sympathy or compassion and he will wish he had. I really appreciate each and every message, email, comment, text message, or any other means of correspondence that offers support and love from all of you. I know I have said this before but if I don't write back, please know that it is not because I don't want to, I get so many that it is hard to write everyone, especially when the internet in my room comes and goes in the manner in which it does. One minute I will have it the next minute it is gone ... very frustrating. The messages I get are very encouraging to me and are part of the reason that I have gained the strength and stamina that I have - to know that some of you have been there and pulled thru and telling me what I have to look forward to in no time just blesses me beyond measure. Please keep sending me those bits and pieces of encouragement, I truly need it.

I have to get off this computer and do some laundry before the family gets here. I will try to continue to update while they are here, but as you have seen, when they are here, my time is undivided and I soak up all that I can. I will have more pictures to post later this week so keep an eye out for all of that.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your friends and family and know that I am praying for each one of you, that you will be given back all that you have given, especially to me!

I love you all !!!!
Leslie

No comments: