Monday, November 24, 2008

Bubble cpap

Quick update while I have a minute ....
Kadin is doing fabulous on the bubble cpap. He has had a couple of banner days now. They upped his feeds from 6 to 7 ml so now he is getting about 2 ounces every day. I can see that he is growing and Danny says he can REALLY see it being gone all week. They also removed the arterial line he had in his right arm. I am simply amazed at his strength. His strength helps me not to lose faith. I am so excited about all that is happening with him.
The dr. came in last night to see how he was doing while I was visiting with him. The way his eyes lit up almost made me cry ... wow ... he was nearly jumping up and down with excitement at how well Kadin is doing, but said he is not out of the woods on the cpap yet, he will need about 48 hours to make sure he does fine. So, at about 4PM tomorrow we should have a good idea of how he is going to progress with this. His oxygen requirements go up and down, depending on how tired he gets. I'm interested to see an xray of his chest to see if the moisture in his lungs clears up. The dr. said that the vent tube is a conduit for infection, of course, and it's very good we don't have that right now.
I'm so very excited!!!
Going to run to wal mart with a young girl I have befriended here at RMH. She is from San Angelo and alone like me. We have had a great time together.
More later ....

3 comments:

kirstenpetree said...

glad to hear he is doing so well on the CPAP!!!!! Do you have a current weight for him???

Flossy~Kirk said...

He is now 1 lb. and 11 ounces. he was born 1 lb. 6 oz. lost 2 ounces and has fluctuated back and forth a little from the surgery, but this is the most he has weighed so far !!!

YAY!

kirstenpetree said...

wonderful!!! Layne was born at 2lbs 14ozs and got down to 2lbs 10ozs! I am glad he is gaining!! Layne is 14 months old now and only weighs 13lbs 9.5ozs so he is still a little guy!