Monday, November 10, 2008

Your Stories

I have noticed that some of you have had your share of issues with preemies, or with your babies being in NICU. I am not sure how it is that I have never known this or realized it (maybe a couple of you I knew about, but for the most part, I was clueless!) …

It helps me to read about your successes and your ups and downs. It helps me to know that I am not alone in this, that even some of you have been thru a portion of what I am going thru. I hate that we have had to experience it, but I would not change a thing in this world about what all of this has taught me in such a short time.

I am interested in “hearing” your stories. If you can bare to tell them, which I am sure you can, please respond to this blog and tell me your story. I want to know when your babies were born, the ups and downs, the uncertain times, the strengthening times, the smiles, the tears … I want to know it all! I need encouragement here, and I no doubt have had that from all of you precious family and friends … but I am interested, and I know you can provide me with some information on how you handled things, how you may have had no hope and then you found a silver lining, etc …

So please … won’t you tell me?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, you don't know me. My name is Terry and I live in Brownwood. I heard about Kadin and this sight from a mutual friend, Pam Robbins. Here is my story, my daughter, Christina, was born at 26 weeks gestation, weighing 2 lbs. 1.5 ozs. Doctors did not have much hope for her. They said she had a 50% chance of making it if she continued to breathe on her own. The next day she had to be put on the ventilator, which cut her chances way down. We went from there to well she will live but may be a vegatable. Progess continued and every obsticle the doctors put in front of her, my baby girl climbed over with God's hand helping her. My daughter just turned 19 years old this month and is a beautiful young lady. She is deaf and has a scar on her stomach from surgery for a feeding tube, other than that, she is perfectly fine and is able to hear with the aid of a cochlear implant. If they could do all they did for her, 19 years ago, I can only imagine how much more God has allowed knowledge to increase in this area to bless these babies. God is faithful, trust in Him to work thru your doctors.