Tuesday, November 18, 2008

No real changes except for a climb upward

As of right now, things are going ok. We had the one major setback, surgery and the night that followed, but as of Sunday, everything has been ok. The only thing now is just facing the preemie issues that go along with having a baby at 24 weeks. It's a struggle, that's for sure.

I was with Kadin almost all morning and afternoon yesterday. I just did not want to leave him. I did go eat lunch and relax in the waiting room for a little while. He had a little trouble while I was gone. They said his heart stopped. Something about a bronchial spasm that can cause that. It's brief and does not do any damage, and all they want is for the heart to start again. The nurse said the episode only lasted about 45 seconds and that this sort of thing was not uncommon for a preemie baby. He is classified as an "extreme preemie".

Again, he is still off all the medication. His ventilator support is having to be tweaked ... lowered actually ... because he is doing so well on his own. He is almost down to breathing room air, no extra oxygen, he is peeing well, and they started his feeds again yesterday. 1 ml every 3 hours to build him back up again. He is restless and does not want them touching him. He is still minimal stimulation but the nurse yesterday let me lay my hands on him for a little bit.

I guess maybe I might get to talk to the Dr. this morning. I am early enough maybe I can catch him. I've been up since 6 taking care of business. It seems I am more busy here than I ever was at home. Or maybe it's just that I loved my routine at home.... ???

I understand my little boy is missing me pretty badly. I can't wait to see him again. Just a couple more days! He called me several times yesterday. I just love to hear his sweet little voice! My daughter played her first basketball game last night and won. She called me as soon as it was over !!! And I missed it ... dang it. Sucks ...

I think I have seen more pregnant women since being here than I have ever seen in my life. It is so hard to not get angry when I see them. I know they are blessed, but I am still trying to get over the feeling that Kadin and I were robbed. Maybe one day I will get past that, but for now, it is hard to see mommy's walking around with their blessing in their tummy, it's hard to see mommy's being wheeled out of the hospital with their new baby in their carseats. I know God will help me thru it, and I will get past it, but it's a difficult process.

I am about to go see the baby so I will update when I can later. Have a blessed day and count your blessings!

Love,
Leslie

1 comment:

kirstenpetree said...

Glad to hear he is doing better!! I know what you mean about feeling robbed. I still get upset about pregnant women, especially when they complain! I bet you will feel better though when you bring him home! I don't yet since I didn't really get a "happy" ending, but I know your happy ending is coming soon!!!! He just needs to grow grow grow!!!!! Praying....