Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kadin as of today

This has to be quick. I am not picking up internet in my room so I am out in the hallway in a chair by a huge Christmas tree ....

Kadin was put back on the ventilator in the early hours this morning. He just got too tired. He is doing great though and his settings on the ventilator are even lower than they were before he went to cpap. They will try the bubble cpap again in about a week or two, depending on how well he is doing.

He is tolerating everything else really well right now. I got to change his little diaper today and take his temperature. It was difficult with all the wires. I was actually nervous!

When I went to see him tonight his eyes were open. It was so precious. He just looked around for me when I would talk to him. He got really squirmy so I stopped so maybe he would rest.
The Dr. printed a growth chart for me and he is growing right on schedule. The comment was made that most babies don't grow as well as he seems to be. Ok ... another huge positive!!!

My family is coming tomorrow. I am so excited! I miss them so much. We got a puppy and my nephew is going to "dog sit" for us, which I think basically means he is going to check on the puppy, make sure she has food, and take her to potty! YAY! His first "job" ... ha ha ha, cuz I'm gonna pay him to do it for us. He'll like that, I bet ...

Well ... I better get back to my room and do something. Not sure what. I'm a little restless right now.

More later ...

1 comment:

kirstenpetree said...

Awww I'm sorry he had to be reintubated(sp). But as I'm sure they told you, if he is trying too hard to do something, that slows weight gain.