Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Positives!

My body must be telling me something, as the nurse put it. I went to bed last night at midnight after my 12AM pumping and set my alarm to wake me up at 3 for another pumping. I never heard my alarm and woke up at ten til 9. Wow! I could not believe it. I was upset with myself for not waking up but I guess my body needed rest. I feel good today except the pumping makes me really sleepy. I guess it takes a lot out of me.

I made it to the hospital about 10AM. The Dr. was just looking at the baby’s chart and his results from what they did yesterday. He told me he would be with me in a little while. I sat by Kadin’s bedside and talked to him, prayed for him, touched and loved on him. His monitor went off about 3 times and the nurse said he was excited that I was there. That made me cry. I love to have a response out of my baby in knowing that I am there for him. He calmed down when I talked to him. I told him everyone loves him and is praying for him. I put my little finger in his and he grasps me. Overwhelming feeling ….

So after Dr. Porter finished his assessment of all the records, he came over to Kadin’s beside to talk to me. The first words out of his mouth were this:

“What we are looking at with your baby is a whole lot of positives!”

Wait … did I just hear you correctly? This is coming from a Dr. who only speaks factually … He doesn’t want to get hopes up or down for family’s, but wants us to remain positive thru it all. So my response was “WONDERFUL NEWS!” I am not surprised tho simply because of who God is. God hears our prayers and there are a lot of people praying for our baby. I know for myself when I see him, I pray for him and speak life and healing over his body. I appropriate the blood of Jesus around him and pray that he is whole. I pray that God continue growing and forming everything just to his perfection. I know God won’t let any of us down on this. I feel it in my bones.

Then Dr. Porter began telling me all of the following:

Kadin’s second head scan came back normal. This was just a routine follow up from the first one a few days ago. No brain bleeds. Excellent news.


The echocardiogram that was done yesterday indicates that the vessel we are concerned about appears to be very very small and closing. In babies who are born at term, this vessel usually closes within about 3 days. Kadin’s is very very small so the Dr. is hopeful that it is in the process of closing. If it remains open, it can cause a lot of issues for the baby. One of those is that it backs blood into the lungs. That is what triggered this test … there appeared to be fluid on his lungs. The xrays today show less fluid so we are hopeful. Very good sign!


Kadin will be put back under the light for jaundice. Not sure what he said about all that, but this is absolutely normal for our baby and no worries.


Feedings are being increased from 1.5cc to 3cc.


Dr. Porter said everything is looking very well for our baby. I have said it before, I am believing his only drawback is that he came too early. Everything else will turn out perfectly for him. We just have to wait and let him grow. I could not see myself or my family making it out of this, but I see it now ……

2 comments:

kirstenpetree said...

Wow! Great news! I am so happy to hear wonderful things everyday!! Continuing to pray!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. I am so glad to hear this news. Still praying for baby Kadin every day and lifting you all up to the Lord! YAY FOR POSITIVES!